Salwar Kameez has always been a traditional outfit for every Indian woman. It is one of the most comfortable and graceful outfit which comes in different colors, style and designs. It adds more grace to the beauty of every woman. Nowadays most of the Indian women prefer to wear Salwar Kameez over any other outfit.
Indian Salwar Kameez is worn by various people in India and Pakistan. It looks great on all type of body sizes whether it is Super size, plus size or average size. It covers your body well and makes you feel more comfortable and even it doesn’t affect your body movement at all and can be worn at home or in any occasion casually or formally.
Indian Salwar Kameez consists of three pieces:
Kameez, which is also known as ‘Kurta‘ is a long tunic shirt which extends below the knees, it has two slits or cuts on both the sides but with changing times & fashion needs the deigns of Kameez has changed as per requirement by an individual woman
Salwar, It is just like a loose trouser or parallel which is gathered at the waist and is widely flared with a narrow horizontal band at the end but at most of the times it is worn in different styles like churidar salwar kameez, patiala salwar kameez, Anarkali Salwar Kameez and pyjama salwar etc.
Duppatta, this comes in rectangular shape and also known as scarf or chunni. It can be draped in many ways and can be either plain or designer. The duppatta is generally draped around the shoulders. It gives final touch to the suit
Earlier the Indian Salwar Kameez was considered as an ordinary outfit for every woman with plain Salwar Kammez and a simple duppatta but now it is available in various types of designer Salwar Kameez which has its own significance. The designers Salwar Kameez are now available in Silk, Cotton, Gorgette, Satin, Crape, Brasso and many more. This wear is not only giving grace to the body but it looks more attractive, gorgeous and feels very comfortable to wear.
The demand for Salwar Kameez is almost everywhere around the world which comes in various qualities and the price tag. One can also buy Indian Salwar Kameez online from home through their any of shopping website which offers them on there portals.
Salwar Kameez Designs
Most of the women in India prefer to wear Salwar Kameez rather than jeans, t-shirt or saree. When it comes to any occasion, festival, ceremonies or any celebration woman like to wear designer salwar kameez and want to feel comfortable and stunning as the design of the salwar kameez and its unique looks give a new dimension in the fashion world.
These day’s designs of salwar kameez are available in the market with a lot of heavy sequence work and different type of embroidery with threads, zari, kundan, beads and patchwork. Now a days women are using various designs in salwar kameez and prefer to buy more colorful, mix match and different styles which suits their age, size and according to the season. Usually there are two types of Salwar kameez embroidery available:
1. Hand Embroidery – Hand embroidery is not only done by threads but one can use beads, sequence, moti, pearls, types of laces, ghungroo, stones, jarkan, mirror, crystal work etc.
2. Machine Embroidery – In this embroidery thread is one of the main aspect which are available in various types as polyester, silver, gold, resham, cotton etc.
There are some other embroidery works one can choose as block printing, patch works, zardosi, jarkan which are also popular in Indian garment industry. These days designs of salwar kameez are more fashionable and trendy which satisfy the demand of every woman and give them a great look .
There are many embroidery styles have been used in India since long time. some of them are listed here:
- Aari Bharat Embroidery
- Ahir Bharat Embroidery
- Banjara Embroidery
- Banni Embroidery
- Bidri Embroidery
- ChikanKari Embroidery
- Kantha Embroidery
- Kathi Embroidery
- Kashmiri Embroidery
- Kasuti Embroidery
- Mirror Embroidery
- Phulkari Embroidery
- Rabari Embroidery
- Soof Embroidery
- Zardozi Embroidery
Some more designs and styles of salwar kameez:
- Churidar Salwar Kameez design – Churidar salwar kameez is one of the most favoured variations of the traditional Indian salwar kameez. Woman wears a ‘churidar’ in the place of a salwar’. The churidar is a skinny legs bottom and slimmer version of the flared ’salwar’.
- Anarkali Salwar Kameez design – Nowadays Anarkali Salwar Kameez is the most favorite dress for every Indian woman and even this outfit is used in most of the bollywood movies. This Anarkali wear with A line umbrella kameez and a churidar with the crushed duppatta gives the gorgeous look to a woman and makes you the fashion diva in any occasion and celebration.
- Patiala Salwar Kameez design – Patiala salwar kameez is all time preferred dress of Punjabis. It looks very stylish and comfortable. It has deviation in style. The entire outfit of Patiala salwar kameez with tight fitted kameez and Patiala or semi Patiala salwar gives a traditional look to every woman.
Now you can wear any design of salwar kameez which suits you and choose better for one own personality.
Types of Salwar Kameez
Salwar Kameez is very unique, old and comfortable outfit and very close to every woman heart. One can wear this outfit in any occasion whether it is casual, formal, wedding, celebration, ceremony, birthdays, social gathering or any meeting etc. you just have to choose the favorite outfit as per the occasion.
There are some various types of salwar kameez mentioned below:
- Indo Western salwar kameez – Indo western fusion give the hip hop classy and stylish look to wearer or working woman. This type of suit can be stitched in many ways or style like without sleeves, sheet strap style, deep necklines, short in length etc.
- Designer salwar kameez – Designer salwar kameez is now preferred by every woman in India and across the world. As designer salwar kameez is designed by the top most Indian designer’s and use best quality of fabric. Nowadays woman’s love to wear designer outfit to look trendy, gorgeous and beautiful.
- Printed salwar kameez – Printed salwar kameezare quite reasonable and can be worn in any occasion or in any season. Printed suits can be of any type of print as block print, polka dots, semi prints, flower prints, kalamkari print, weaving, golden print etc.
- Cotton salwar kameez – Cotton salwar kameez is quite, soft, cool, comfortable and nice to be worn in summer season as it provides protection from wind damage and sunburn. It is a traditional dress and demanding more by woman in India.
- Bridal salwar kameez – Every bride wants to look good and beautiful on their wedding as it is the most important day in every woman’s life. So the fabric should be soft, glossy, full of kundan and zari work, zaal work, dabka work etc.
- Embroidered salwar kameez – Embroidery can be done on any fabric of salwar kameez and can wear casual or formal. It can be machine or hand embroidery.
Salwar Kameez can be of any type as per the need of fashion and requirement of woman. No need to think or choose an outfit as salwar kameez is suitable for any age and sizes of woman.